birth


I've been contemplating this new birth experience, and the birth
process in general. We went to the Thanksgiving Point farms recently,
and while there I saw a baby chick hatch out of it's egg. I had never
seen anything hatch. It was meaningful for me. I thought of life
inside an egg, and the life understood by the baby boy in my body:
darkness, tightness, narrow understanding of the world, limited
experience, cannot begin to fathom the world that exists outside
(space, light, color, freedom, movement, touch, sight, love.)

In the scriptures it says that a new birth is required/expected of us.
We must be born again in Christ, becoming new creatures in Him,
receive a change of heart. Thereby becoming a people who "have no more
disposition to do evil, but to do good continually."

Birth is initiated by stress. Birth means breaking, pushing,
struggling, opening. Yet, it also happens on it's own; I think of
words like: allow, submit, receive. There is only one way out. "There
is no other way nor means whereby man can be saved, only through the
atoning blood of Jesus Christ, who shall come; yea, remember that he
cometh to redeem the world."

I feel like I am still inside my egg. There is more to life than I can
even imagine, with greater light, love, color, joy, freedom, space,
breath. Christ talks of making eyes to see, ears to hear, minds to
understand, and hearts to soften.
My heart desires to: Awake. Break free. Shake off the chains. Allow.
Submit. Release.




0 comments:

Post a Comment