"Since The Beginning of Time: 5 Years."

Today we celebrate five years. We were even married on a Tuesday. I'm pretty sure Ammon is goosing me in the above picture...

Thank you to everyone that came to celebrate with us. Even though it was a Tuesday. Of course, now I better realize why people don't normally get married on Tuesdays. This picture may capture the way many of you felt, after all I put you through!Hopefully the company and the food made it worthwhile! I still dream about the Chicken Marsala.
Ammon and I don't have the resources to have a big celebration, so instead we have been wishing each other, "Happy Anniversary" for weeks now. What we couldn't have in quality we made up in duration. I fix him breakfast and say, "Happy Anniversary!" He puts Hyrum to bed and says, "Happy Anniversary!" We do these things normally, but this way it feels festive.
We spent Sunday evening looking at old scrapbooks, wedding pictures, and watching our wedding video. I came away surprised at how much I have changed over the last 10 years. I am ashamed of many of my choices over my teenage years; I feel like I am a completely different person today from who I was when I got married. That is a good thing. Ammon and I agreed that we like who we are today better then who we were 5 years ago. Our reminiscing left Ammon missing his dad. Of course we never would have guessed that he wouldn't be here to see our 5 year anniversary.



It just so happened that Ammon's grandma, Verlin's mom, died the day we were married. We were all at the hospital the night of January 19th. On the eve of my wedding I witnessed Ammon's grandparents having to say goodbye to one another after a lifetime together. I remember watching Grandpa Hatch cry as he made the choice not to prolong her life. I saw what love could be. I loved Ammon the day we were married, but I love him better today. Love grows. I smile thinking of what the next years will bring.




7 comments:

melissa said...

that was a lovely day.

and even if you don't love all of your choices from back then, at least you chose a killer dress. :)

happy anniversary to both of you!

The Hardy's said...

Happy anniversary! Thank you for sharing and bringing back good memories. The food was excellent.

colleen said...

Aren't memories wonderful, especially when we can learn and grow from them. I am glad that love grows and endures. Happy Anniversary and may you have MANY, MANY more to come!

Carrie said...

Awe, Happy anniversary to you!

And yeah, I second the dress opinion. I would change EVERYTHING about when I got married, well, except the groom. You are so fortunate to have developed good taste at such a young age. I'm still getting there.

Andrew and Melissa said...

It was so good to see your wedding pictures again. I thought you had a beautiful wedding.
Anniversaries are a great time to look back and see how much you have grown together.

Anonymous said...

Happy Anniversary!
What a beautiful bride and a Handsome groom.
May your love continue to grow forever!

Em said...

Abby,
What a BEAUTIFUL post. I have tears in my eyes because of the tender mercies that I know you felt the day you got married, and many times since! You were a beautiful bride, and I think we all grow and change here and there, along the way. Here's to many more sweet anniversaries!

Post a Comment